August 20, 2026 — Abby Luciano/North Shore News
Dozens of cyclists and pedestrians crossed over the Crosscut Bridge for the first time Thursday as it officially opened to the public.
City of North Vancouver Mayor Linda Buchanan, MLA for North Vancouver-Lonsdale and Minister of Infrastructure Bowinn Ma and TransLink’s transportation planner Sabrina Lau Texier gave remarks Thursday before an official name plaque and ribbon unveiling on the bridge.
“This bridge marks the beginning of a new chapter for our city,” Buchanan said. “It will serve thousands of people every year in countless ways, whether it be getting to school, to work, shops or services or simply to recreate.”
Spanning from Loutet Park to the intersection of Casano Drive and Rufus Avenue, it connects the Cedar Village and Loutet neighbourhoods, areas that were previously cut off from one another due to the Trans Canada Highway extension from Mountain Highway to Lynn Valley Road in 1961.
The new overpass includes accessible approach pathways, a 4.5 metre-wide concrete walkway and rolling surface built for users of all ages and abilities, the city said. It also features built-in lighting, safety fencing, hand rails, benches and, coming soon, the planting of native trees and shrubs.
The bridge’s total cost is $17 million, Buchanan said, with funding coming from a variety of sources, including the province pitching in $4 million and $2.5 million from TransLink.
Read the full article at nsnews.com.