Community Office

When you contact my North Vancouver-Lonsdale MLA’s Community Office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

If you…

  • Are a resident (constituent) of North Vancouver-Lonsdale; and
  • Have a matter within the jurisdiction of the provincial government.

✅ …then my Community Office can:

  • Assist with the navigation of government bureaucracy.
  • Help explain government policies and services.
  • Provide information about resources and services that might assist you.
  • Receive feedback about issues that matter to you.
  • Attempt to resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies.
  • Provide copies of government documents and forms if you don’t have internet access.
  • Schedule a meeting for you with MLA Ma.
  • Arrange to have MLA Ma attend or speak at community events.
  • Arrange for congratulatory certificates and greeting messages from MLA Ma.

However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with.

❌ Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case.
  • Your matter is pending before the courts.
  • The police are involved.

❌ We are further unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action.
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals.
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body.
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature such as the Ombudsperson, Police Complaints Commissioner, Representative for Child and Youth, professional governance, etc.
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature.
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues.
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours.
  • Find constituents market housing, employment, or child care.

You can also find a list of local and provincial not-for-profit services and resources here.