When you contact my North Vancouver-Lonsdale MLA’s Community Office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information. You can also find a list of local and provincial not-for-profit services and resources here.
✅ If you…
- Are a resident (constituent) of North Vancouver-Lonsdale; and
- Have a matter within the jurisdiction of the provincial government.
✅ …then my Community Office can:
- Provide information on locating government services and contact information.
- Assist in understanding government policies and services.
- Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy.
- Ensure due process is being followed.
- Attend community events.
- Accept practicum students.
- Provide congratulatory and greeting messages.
- Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access.
- Resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with.
❌ Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:
- You have or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case.
- Your matter is pending before the courts.
- The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.
❌ We are further unable to:
- Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
- Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
- Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature such as the Ombudsperson, Police Complaints Commissioner, Representative for Child and Youth, professional governance, etc.
- Change the time limits for filing appeals.
- Settle disputes with businesses or neighbours.
- Find constituents market housing, employment, or child care.
- Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature.
- Interfere with federal or municipal issues.
Please note, we can only assist with issues that fall under provincial responsibility.
|Government of Canada 🔗
Member of Parliament (MP)
|BC Government 🔗
Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA)
|City 🔗 or District 🔗
Mayor and Council
• International border control
• International travel
• Employment Insurance (EI)
• Veteran affairs
• International relations
• Canada Post
• Copyright Law
• Criminal Law
• Federal taxes
|• Pandemic response
• Health care
• Schools, education & skills training
• Child and family welfare
• Employment standards
• Income & disability assistance
• BC Gaming Grants
• Highways & regional transportation
• BC Hydro
• BC Housing
• BC Transit
|• Building permits
• City parks
• Local streets and sidewalks
• Collection of garbage, recycling
• Water and sewer services
• Fire services and police
• Licensing and control of pets
• Property taxes
• TransLink (regional)