One of MLA Ma’s key priorities is the issue of transportation on the North Shore. Learn about some of the investments currently underway and about the Integrated North Shore Transportation Planning Project (INSTPP), spearheaded and chaired by MLA Ma with the support of our INSTPP partners: Government of Canada, Province of British Columbia, TransLink, Port of Vancouver, City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, District of West Vancouver, Squamish Nation, Tsleil-Waututh Nation. This work now continues through North Shore Connects.
- Integrated North Shore Transportation Planning Project (INSTPP)
- Burrard Inlet Rapid Transit (BIRT) Study
- Hwy 1 Lower Lynn Improvements
- Phibbs Transit Exchange Upgrades
- Lonsdale Quay Transit Exchange Upgrades
- Waterfront SeaBus Station Upgrades
- New North Shore RapidBus
- New North Shore SeaBus
- Expedited Traffic Collision Clearing Measures
TransLink Investment Plan
The largest investment in public transit in the province’s history is currently underway. These investments are rolled out in phases, each timed to the planning and delivery of new projects and services:
- Approved in 2016, Phase One funded approximately $2 billion in expanded transit services, transit infrastructure and improvements for roads, cycling, and walking.
- Approved in 2018, Phase Two funded an estimated $7.3 billion of transportation improvements, including the Broadway Subway Project and Surrey Langley SkyTrain.
- The 2022 Investment Plan is a three-year plan to stabilize transit funding following the impacts of the pandemic, while advancing key initiatives.
- The latest 10-Year Investment Plan (2022) outlines the strategic initiatives, transportation programs, and services that TransLink aims to deliver over the plan period in addition to the investments currently underway as part of Phase One and Phase Two noted above.
Public Transit Feedback
As the former Parliamentary Secretary for TransLink, MLA Ma gets a lot of feedback about transit on the North Shore and across the province. In her function as a MLA, she works hard to make sure her constituents are heard. In addition to contacting MLA Ma, consider reaching out directly to TransLink:
Last updated: June 17, 2022.