British Columbia is in an active Provincial State of Emergency in response to the coronavirus pandemic. During this time, emergency orders and public health orders may be issued that restrict the activities of people and businesses in British Columbia. Financial and social supports are also provided to help British Columbians through these unprecedented and extraordinary times.
British Columbia’s response to the coronavirus pandemic is continuously evolving. New information is issued by the BC Government through News Releases, which are often accompanied by live press conferences. Regular COVID-19 Briefings with Health Minister Adrian Dix and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry are live streamed on the BC Government YouTube Channel. Subscribe to COVID-19 MLA Bulletins to be notified when new orders are issued.
Financial and Social Supports
These are difficult times for British Columbians. Fortunately, the Government of British Columbia and Government of Canada offer many financial and social supports for people and businesses who have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Supports for People
|➤ Explore Financial Supports for Individuals & Families.
➤ Explore supports for low-income people on Income or Disability Assistance.
➤ Explore supports for People With Disabilities.
➤ Access free and low-cost Virtual Mental Health Supports.
Supports for Businesses
|➤ Visit the COVID-19 Supports for Businesses website.
➤ Download the COVID-19 Supports for Businesses Guide (pdf).
➤ Contact the BC Business COVID-19 Advisory Service.
See also: Jobs & Workers for employment resources.
Be cautious of information you read on the internet and rely on these official sources when in doubt.
- If you are not feeling well:
- Use the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment for advice on how to proceed.
- If you require financial or social support:
- Visit the Government of British Columbia COVID-19 Website.
- If you need help or would like to give help to others:
- Call: 2-1-1 ☎️ (translation services available)
- Medical information about COVID-19:
- Call: 8-1-1 ☎️ (translation services available)
- Online: BC CDC 🌐
- Non-medical information about COVID-19:
- Call: 1-888-COVID-19 ☎️ (translation services available)
- Text: 604-630-0300 📱
- Online: BC Government COVID-19 🌐
- Travel Advisories:
- Travel advisories and border control directives are issued by the Government of Canada.
- Urgent Care Wait Times:
- Medical facilities may be under increased burden during these times. Visit Emergency Department Wait Times to see the wait times for emergency and urgent facilities in Vancouver, Richmond, and North Shore.
British Columbia’s response to the pandemic continuously evolves. Social media is often the fastest way to get new information direct from official sources. Follow these accounts to receive reliable information:
- Official Facebook Accounts:
- Official Twitter Accounts:
- Official Instagram Accounts:
- Premier John Horgan: @johnhorgan4bc
- Official TikTok Accounts:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: @vch.healthtok
Last Updated: Jan 10, 2022.