In 2018, we launched Homes for BC, government’s 10 year housing plan and the largest investment in housing affordability in B.C.’s history. We’ve taken action to moderate the market, crackdown on tax fraud, close loopholes, build the homes people need, and make renting more secure. While much has been accomplished, however, there is more to do.
➤ Learn more about Homes for BC.
Tackling Housing Speculation
- BC Speculation Tax
- Does BC’s Speculation Tax Apply to You?
- Additional Property Tax for Foreign Buyers
Resources for Renters
- MLA Renters’ Tips
- Shelter Aid For Elderly Renters (SAFER)
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Housing and Tenant Rights
- BC Residential Tenancy Branch
- Tenants’ Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC)
- Tenants Survival Guide
- BC Housing
- Ready to Rent BC
Emergency Shelter Resources
- North Shore Homelessness Task Force
- BC Housing Application
- Shelter Safe (for women and children)
- North Shore Crisis Services Society
- North Shore Lookout Shelter:
705 2nd St W, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1E6